[NetBehaviour] On the hurricane of the G-20...

dave miller dave.miller.uk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:09:12 CEST 2009

I've been to quite a few of these things and I generally end up
feeling silly and embarrassed about being there. It feels pointless.
Maybe that's because the police always win and have tried and tested
tactics to close things down steadily. From what I saw on TV, this G20
did seem like a media staged event, especially when smashing the RBS
windows. I think it was all too contained and controlled, and gives
the impression that the public isn't anywhere near revolution point
yet, and that the protestors largely can't express what they are
protesting about (TV gave this impression). I don't think this is an
effective way to protest anymore. It's like protests have become
Glastonbury-ised.

There'll be other protests I'm sure, this wasn't one

dave