[NetBehaviour] BT blocks off Pirate Bay.

lotu5 at resist.ca lotu5 at resist.ca
Wed Apr 22 18:50:15 CEST 2009

and thus enfolds the end of the free internet. it was so clear with the
net neutrality debates and the way that nasty things like Total
Information Awareness and HR4437 come back through congress under new
names to avoid public scrutiny that this was on its way. The great
internet wall of china is just a dark precursor for what we're all about
to be facing. This is why I really, really think that if we're going to
have a free global network we really have to start working on autonomous
infrastructure now, and not just free software / open source / agpl web
services, but open hardware and serious, widely networked free wireless
networks that can route around the phone companies. There are some serious
technical hurdles to be accomplished to make that statement a reality,
large scale mesh networking, but I thin its possible and I hope that in
response to the cutting off of freedoms like this one we can continue to
find ways to route around information oppression.

  micha