[NetBehaviour] RomaEuropaFAKEFactory, deadline, event and publication

xDxD.vs.xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 22:58:27 CEST 2009

Hello there!

some updates on the RomaEuropaFAKEFactory competition.

http://www.romaeuropa.org

REFF is gathering lots of consensus over here. The presentation at the
italian senate (you can see some videos of it here
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xdxdVSxdxd&view=playlists  )  triggered
the creation of a table for digital cultures inside the senate's cultural
commission. REFF also recently became one of the official events of the
European Community's Year for Creativity and Innovation.

Both things are great, considering that REFF was born as a hack to an
institutional initiative.

We are trying to leverage all this resonance and attention, and we're
instantiating a couple of additional phases to the whole project which will
create some economic processes to support future activities and to put to
practice all of the things we all discuss when we talk about networked
models, collaboration, sustainability, digital/analog freedoms, cultural
practices, innovation.

The competition has a couple of new sections. In all there are sections for
video, music, literature, GIF art, design, architecture and landscape, all
around the theme "Freedom to Remix", and focused on intellectual property
and free innovation.

There will be a showcase event on May 28th in Rome, hosted in conjuction
with the Live Performers Meeting 7th edition (
www.liveperformersmeeting.net), an important VJ meeting attended by
hundreds of VJs from all around the
world.

At the end of REFF's first phase, a publication will be produced (built both
on theory and on the showcase of the works submitted to the competition),
and a great collaborative event across Rome, London and New York (and
possibly a couple of additional venues).

As a matter of fact we're discussing with Netbehaviour/Furtherfield the
possibility to jon forces in the UK side of the event and publication, as it
would be a great chance to push with additional power the many approaches
which we share. And we'd love that.

So, keep updated, join in, share your thoughts and, if you'd like, give a
hand in setting things up and in communication, which is always most
welcomed.

free to distribute it to all interested people and networks.

talk to you all soon!
xDxD