[NetBehaviour] URBAN ORGANICS WORKSHOP

benjamin benjamin at cultura3.net
Tue Apr 28 15:17:23 CEST 2009

  Figuratively describing the country of Matrizenzubehoerleute....
  A N   U R B A N   O R G A N I C S    W O R K S H O P

	The city presents an unmapped, sparsely inhabited place,
extravagantly rich in unexplored resources, waiting as it were for
the arrival of someone to give form to
the latent possibilities which lay beyond regular spatial comprehension.

The poet, wandering describes reflections on streetlife, overlaid by
the desire to develop typographies and document of human life.  The
civilian traveler as they traverse the urban terrain, passing amongst
concrete corridors of the imagination remakes the city through
forming their own reflective typographies. Looking then at our
perception of city scenes and urban space as a hybrid of different
forms, "Figuratively describing the country of
Matrizenzubehoerleute...." (ma-tritsen.tzu-behuer.loyter) provides
participants with a tool-kit which will allow them to trace and
unveil the creative potential of their every day surroundings through
a series of collaborative exercises. The group will undertake
explorations of the space surrounding the DIY Art Centre, observe and
reproduce behavioral patterns and begin to develop the basis of a new
language through archetypal typography.

The workshop will provide an introduction to techniques which empower
the participants to further understand how we interact with our
surroundings. The group will explore the urban spaces surrounding the
Art Centre along a perimeter between two lands drawn from places
which belong neither to the ordinary, nor the Other, but which are
imbued with a presence of both; just as the sky can be seen to fall
down towards the sea.

URBAN ORGANICS: Figuratively describing the country of
Matrizenzubehoerleute...
12.00-16.30, Sunday, 3rd May
Non-consessional: £8
Consessions: £4
CORD Members: £2

This introductory public workshop is open to people of all
disciplines and levels of experience.
To make your booking please write to events at cultura3.net with the
heading “Urban Organics Workshop.”
Places are limited.

The DIY Art Centre
114-116 Amersham Vale,
New Cross SE14 6LG
for a map click here

Transport
New Cross Train Station (exit station, turn left, 5 mins walk)
New Cross Gate / Deptford Train Station (10 min walk)
Deptford DLR (15 min walk)
Busses 53, 453, 36, 436,171,172,177

For more information please write to benjamin at cultura3.net