[NetBehaviour] the lost Lost text

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Apr 29 02:06:10 CEST 2009

the lost Lost text

The main text from the Lost Project created for the trAce online writing
community; visitors to the site were asked to enter their email address and
then describe something they lost. On "playback" the list of email addresses
was separated from the list of the lost; in other words, the tether was broken.
The text of what was lost is a form of literature itself; it had disappeared in
my files until now. What was lost is now found, what is found can never be
recuperated. I think the Lost Project is still located at the trAce archives;
trAce ended as a community headed by Sue Thomas, a few years ago. The project
was created around 1999-2000, when I was trAce's second virtual
writer-in-residence. Please check out the text; it's oddly beautiful, the
result of so many minds.

http://www.alansondheim.org/lost.txt

The trAce Lost Project and others

http://tracearchive.ntu.ac.uk/writers/sondheim/index.htm

I want to thank again everyone who made this possible at the time.