[NetBehaviour] NetBehaviour Digest, Vol 406, Issue 1

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Sat Dec 26 08:53:21 CET 2009

Just curious, then, since negative (or positive) theology makes no sense
to me (particularly monotheistic theologies), how do you read Adorno's
negative dialectics? Or Beckett for that matter? And how would you
situation the difference between this and weak theory and/or language
under erasure? The subject interests me (you'd fine referencing for
example in the Pirke Avot, 'make a hedge around the Torah' - which I can
understand without any sort of theological commitment), and connects in a
way even with the impasse one has in 'wryting' the body, which is an
impossibility and always involves a circumscription with a w/hole at the
center.

But not having read Marion or pseudo-Dionysius (who I think actually I did
read somewhere along the line), I may be missing the point.

- Alan