[NetBehaviour] XorCurses-0.0.3

james of jwm-art net james at jwm-art.net
Mon Feb 2 01:51:51 CET 2009

On 1/2/2009, "marc garrett" <marc.garrett at furtherfield.org> wrote:

>I agree with Clement,
>
>why not post your digital creativity on here - there are a few gamers on
>here and game makers/hackers who feel that it rests well in this context...

I dunno :-) ..

i didn't want to keep repeatedly posting every new release. i was going
to try and write things about it's development perhaps in some kind of
vague context i've yet to imagine, but that never happened because i
got sucked into the coding of it. cheers tho.

>> It's great ! Very difficult, actually.
>> Only one suggestion : I don't know the original game, but I think it
>> would be more comfortable to keep the player on center of the screen,
>> because when you move and hit the border of the screen, you can't see
>> any further than one "block", which is a bit frustrating.
>> One more thing: I don't know about the others netbehaviourists, but I
>> think it's ok to send your announcements every now and then... Anyway,
>> when you decide to stop posting about your games, I hope you'll let us
>> know where we can hear about your work.

Glad you like it. I can't complete levels 6 and above, it is tough :-)
it was partly out of curiousity, to see if i could complete it after
almost 20 years (eek).

With the view, i was trying to faithfully recreate the game - up until
load/save of replays that is. but yes, that's a good suggestion
particularly for those new to the game, easily made as an option.

i will only make one last post here about xorcurses when everything is
complete and then if you like it enough you'll just have to remember to
check back to my website once in a while... i'm trying to let people
know about it via other linux gaming sites when i have time.

cheers for the comments,
jam,es