[NetBehaviour] Three Reasons Why I Won't Be Using Google Latitude.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Feb 6 10:35:14 CET 2009

Three Reasons Why I Won't Be Using Google Latitude.

Targeted advertising -- not to mention an intangible creepy feeling --
will keep me under the radar.

JR Raphael, PC World.

Google unveiled its new mobile location tracking service, Google
Latitude, on Wednesday -- and it took me only a matter of minutes to
determine it’s one service I won’t be using.

Google Latitude, if you haven’t heard, lets you have your location
monitored and shared in real time with your friends, family, or whomever
you choose. Once you sign up, GPS satellites and cell towers watch your
whereabouts. They pull location data from your laptop or smartphone,
then pinpoint you on a pretty little Google Map as you go about your day.

While Google Latitude isn’t the first mobile location tracking service
to hit the market, it may be the first with the potential for mainstream
and widespread adoption. Here are three reasons why I won’t be hopping
on the bandwagon.

more...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/158953/three_reasons_why_i_wont_be_using_google_latitude.html