[NetBehaviour] string theory

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Sun Jul 12 13:01:32 CEST 2009

On 12/7/2009, "Alan Sondheim" <sondheim at panix.com> wrote:
>do keep us informed! the math thing (above) yields unexpected results, at
>least for me and I'm interested in where you're taking this. the main
>thing here of course is the function itself; it would be great if there
>were a way to enter the function on a command line, instead of modifying
>the text at each instance.

i could include a command line program to do this only as an example for
how to use the library.

i've found a library to handle the parsing and evaluation of a formula
expressed within a string of text. i will include functions which wrap
these up into easier to use functions.

>also, is there an easy way to have the function apply to individual
>letters instead of words?

with the explode/s/str functions you specify the delimiter
character/s/strings, a space would create substrings of words, while
specifying vowels would split across/within words etc. so there we have
an array of strings with strings being an array of characters...

short answer:yes it is possible.

>thanks for the exchange (which is mainly me learning!) - Alan

No problem. Thankyou for your input. Do post any other requests for
transformations if you think of any.

james.