[NetBehaviour] Tune into DNA-Radio.

info info at furtherfield.org
Fri Mar 6 09:37:07 CET 2009

Tune into DNA-Radio

After creating pictures from the human DNA code and getting an
incredible amount of positive response, the step to convert the data to
audio came into our mind quite fast. After some thinking and lots of
tests, we are converting the whole human genome to audio and streaming
them now to the Internet, 24/7. The idea is quite simple, every base is
read and broadcasted instead converting it to a color. With DNA-Radio we
don't visualize the chromosome, we sonify it and have now completed a
full audio-visual DNA representation of human chromosomes.

It's like radio, everybody listening hears the same code at the same
time, the audio never gets repeated and when we have aired all
chromosomes, this project is over. Well, after doing some calculation we
figured out that this will take quite a while. When we read three
characters a second, it will take about 23.5 years or so until all code
has been distributed over the internet.

Currently broadcasting: Chromosome 1.

more...
http://www.dna-rainbow.org/dna-radio.html