[NetBehaviour] The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination presents: C.R.A.S.H: A postcapitalist A to Z.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Mar 8 14:54:29 CET 2009

The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination presents:

C.R.A.S.H: A postcapitalist A to Z

Take part in a free course combining art, activism and permaculture or
get paid to actively imagine a postcapitalist world !

We are looking into an unprecedented abyss of economic and social
turmoil that confounds our previous perceptions of historical risk. Our
vertigo is intensified by our ignorance of the depth of the crisis or
any sense of how far we might ultimately fall.

Mike Davis, Historian and social commentator.

The Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination is a network of socially
engaged artists and activists whose work falls in between resistance and
creativity, culture and politics, art and life. We are inviting creative
resisters, unemployed workers and art activists to take part in our
latest project - C.R.A.S.H: A post capitalist A to Z - in London’s
financial district in June 2009.

As we accelerate towards the collapse of our ecological life support
systems and suffer the consequences of reckless economic fantasies, the
question of what our future could look like has never been more vital.
This June the Laboratory of Insurrectionary Imagination will be
experimenting with radical sustainable alternatives to the ecological
and economic crisis in the symbolic heart of the capitalist system. We
are inviting you to either participate in the course and/or apply for
one of the £500 intervention commissions.

C.R.A.S.H contains two parts: 1) C.R.A.S.H Course is free two week long
(1-14 June) intensive training combining permaculture design, art
activist tactics and skills for building radically ecological and deeply
democratic communities. 2) C.R.A.S.H Culture is a week (17-21st June) of
commissioned actions, street art, skill-share performance lectures and
interventions across the City and a nightly promenade performance in an
abandoned office block.

C.R.A.S.H is part of “2 degrees” Artadmin’s festival of art and climate
change.

To Download more information and an application go to
http://labofii.net/experiments/crash/

You can apply for both the course and the commissions Deadline for
applications is Friday April 3 rd

Please forward to your networks...