[NetBehaviour] XorGramana pre-ALPHA

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Tue Mar 10 04:43:41 CET 2009

Hi people all, well mainly Linux using netbehav||rists,

Here's a snapshot of what, my new game with game play based on Xor, and
the code base of XorCurses, currently looks like:

http://www.jwm-art.net/art/archive/XorGramana-0.0.4b.tar.bz2

Don't be disappointed that it is not playable further than player
movement ;^)

You'll need the development versions of SDL (ie on current debian
stable, libsdl1.2-dev and libsdl-image1.2-dev).

Hopefully, unpack the archive and cd into XorGramana-0.0.4b/ directory
and make to build the thing should do the trick. ./xorgramana to run it.

There's only one map that I've put any thought into and that's 'test
map 5'.
And there's a bug in the map code too, so that the 'r' is missing
(infact the entire first collumn).

Apparently you must re-arrange the letters in map 5 to form the word
'reflex'. but Note: all you can do is move the two players around, the
rest of the code is unimplemented so far.

the behaviours of many of the letters in the game is still undecided. v
will drop. x will explode. a will rise. bdpq flip amongst themselves
each time pushed. i've not been sure it will be playable, but by making
map 5 i've had a slight increase in confidence that it just might work.

if anyone has any artistic input they'd like to provide, feel welcome.

Best regards,
James