[NetBehaviour] Orson Welles - rejected from the RomaEuropaWebFactory Prize

xDxD xdxd.vs.xdxd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:49:56 CET 2009

"I am Orson Welles.
I never really wanted to join Roma Europa Web Factory.
I understand the beauty and significance of a fake.
As for my style, for my vision of the cinema, editing is not simply one
aspect; it's the aspect.
Fake is as old as the Eden tree.
Today I believe that man cannot escape his destiny to create whatever it
is we make:
jazz, a wooden spoon, or graffiti on the wall.
All of these are expressions of man's creativity, proof that man has not
yet been destroyed by technology.
But are we making things for the people of our epoch or repeating what
has been done before?
And finally, is the question itself important?
We must ask ourselves that.
The most important thing is always to doubt the importance of the question.
I am Orson Welles.
I never really wanted to join Roma Europa Web Factory."

Orson Welles is one of the most influential artists of the contemporary
era, touching the domains of cinema, theatre, fiction, radio in a
continuous research that trespasses the borders between art,
communication, psychology, performance.
His works gave us the chance to perceive art's transformation, in a form
in which art and falsificaion are divided by boundaries that are
ethereal and fluid, eventually overlaying and touching.

Orson Welles' "the War of the Worlds" radio performance was rejected by
the RomaWuropa Web Factory competition.

"This is not original work!" was the scream of the Jury.

Orson Welles now joined RomaEuropaFAKEFactory, here:

http://www.romaeuropa.org