[NetBehaviour] SOCIAL TECHNOLOGIES SUMMIT:THE FUTURESONIC CONFERENCE

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Fri Mar 13 11:27:38 CET 2009

SOCIAL TECHNOLOGIES SUMMIT:
THE FUTURESONIC CONFERENCE
13-16 May 2009, Manchester UK

Final Days for Early Bird Delegate Registration: till Fri 13 March
http://www.futuresonic.com/conference

Social Technologies Summit:
The Futuresonic Conference

The Social Technologies Summit is the leading international conference
that brings together 500 opinion formers, futurologists, artists,
researchers and technologists to explore the latest upgrade affecting
today's digital culture. This is the place where the technology and
digital sectors connect with the creative vision of the international
digital arts community.

Pioneering ideas will be presented, which will transform the way you and
your organisation operate, innovate and interact. Combining keynotes,
critical debates, demonstrations and experiences with open space and
participatory sessions, it is an engaging, critical and essential event
to attend.

http://www.futuresonic.com/conference

Conference Programme

This year sees Futuresonic's most explosive conference programme.

Keynote speakers include inventor of the term 'social tools' and leading
thinker on the social web Stowe Boyd; Jamais Cascio, co-founder of
Worldchanging.org on social media and the environment; Rachel O'Connell,
VP People Networks at Bebo.com on identity and trust; Adam Greenfield,
expert on next-generation mobile and human-friendly interfaces; and Tom
Ilube, Davos advisor and CEO of Garlick, on shaping the way business and
society prepare for the Semantic Web.

Other world renowned contributors include James Marriott from PLATFORM;
Helen Aspell, Head of Digital at Equality and Human Rights Commission
UK; Grammy-nominated data visualiser Aaron Koblin; Roland Harwood,
Director of Nesta Connect; Stephan Agamanolis, CEO of Distance Lab;
international artists working with web and locative technologies
Christian Nold, Tapio Makela and Jonah Brucker-Cohen; Dave
Griffiths/FoAM, organisers of the influential Luminous Green events; Lee
Bryant founder of Headshift; and Ewan Mackintosh, educationalist and
Digital Commissioner at 4IP.

Plus following on from the success of the first Nokia Open Lab held in
Helsinki in 2008, Nokia Open Lab comes to the UK for Futuresonic.

The themes for the conference this year include Environment 2.0; Digital
Futures; Identity and Trust; Mobile; and Semantic Web: Cultural Algorithms.

http://www.futuresonic.com/conference

Futuresonic 2009

A part of the Futuresonic Urban Festival of Art, Music and Ideas

Now in its 14th year, Futuresonic is an international festival featuring
world premiers of astonishing artworks, an explosive city-wide music
programme, and visionary thinkers from around the world. Featuring
50,000 festival visitors and 300 artists at 100 events in a city-wide
urban festival experience.

In 2010 Futuresonic will return as FutureEverything

http://www.futuresonic.com

Final Days for Early Bird Delegate Registration: till Fri 13 March

Visit http://www.futuresonic.com/conference for current information and
to register

Participants will be issued with a delegate pass for the Futuresonic
festival, which gives access to the Social Technologies Summit: The
Futuresonic Conference and art and music festival programme*.

*Some festival events have limited capacity and will require a
ticket. A list of these restricted events is announced on our website
www.futuresonic.com.

PASS OPTIONS(all prices exl vat)
Early Bird Pass - book by 13 March 2009 £80
Advanced Pass - book by 12 May 2009 £120
Door Pass (bought on the door) £150
Single Day Pass May 2009 £85
Students/Concessions Pass No deadline £30

Further discounts available for group bookings, for further details
contact ideas2009 at futuresonic.com
A limited number of pay-what-you-can Day Passes will be available on
each day of the conference.

The Festival

Futuresonic Urban Festival of Art, Music and Ideas is an international
festival now in its 14th year occupying the orbits of both digital
culture and music. It combines the Social Technologies Summit with art
and music events, exhibitions and live performances across the city.

13-16 May, Manchester UK

Transforming the city into a space of experimentation, making it come alive

Futuresonic is presented by FutureEverything CIC. It is a Regularly
Funded Organisation (RFO) of Arts Council England North West, a pillar
event of Manchester City Council and is supported by the Paul Hamlyn
Foundation

Futuresonic is presented in partnership with ImaginationLancaster
http://imagination.lancaster.ac.uk, a major new research lab at
Lancaster University.

In 2010 Futuresonic will return as FutureEverything

http://www.futuresonic.com

#futr09