[NetBehaviour] Steam

Corrado Morgana corradomorgana at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 18:37:50 CET 2009

After checking Tot's forum, The Path hits Steam's best sellers for the
release week.

Steam, as a delivery method for PC games beats any bricks and mortar outlet
or any Optical Media distribution (DVD, amazon, etc..) The media sounded
death knell for PC gaming has largely been an issue because online
distributors such as Steam aren't factored into sale figures. Steam is a
great repository for new, old, niche games..long tail ahoy

Anyway..as for reaching new audiences i.e. gamers, I'm going to say
something very contentious and 'guess' that the sales for The Path have
mainly been from games designers, games design students and artists who are
gamers (possibly fitting into the previous categories) What exactly is the
demographic for critical gamers? Sorry critical artgamers! [and to make
things more complex critical Games Artists!]
It has been billed as a horror game so maybe the curious silent hill players
who have had some exposure to indie games content too

The average and nominal Gears of War player...nah