[NetBehaviour] Furtherfield in Support of Ada Lovelace Day

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Mar 24 12:52:54 CET 2009

Hi to Netbehaviourists & a warm welcome to new arrivals :-)

OK - so today is Ada Lovelace Day, and suggestions from people for
'women who have inspired you in your own practice' have already been
rolling in.  "Sharing inspirations with our friendly community of
artists, academics, writers, code geeks, curators, independent thinkers,
activists and net mutualists."

A big thank you to those who have already taken part, if you have that
you wish to share please do.

On Friday we will post an updated version of all contributions thus far,
including suggestions in one mail for all to view...

It will end on the Mon 30th, and put on the front of
www.furtherfield.org for all the world to see.

Wishing everyone well.

marc

p.s. I have pasted the original info about it all below, just in case :-)

We would like to know about your work and that of other women who have
inspired you in your own practice. So please come and squat the
NetBehaviour list for a week (of course we hope you'll stick around for
longer:) and share your inspirations with our friendly community of
artists, academics, writers, code geeks, curators, independent thinkers,
activists and net mutualists.

Posts are welcome in any format and frequency.

The following is offered as an example.

====================
MY NAME: Ruth Catlow

INSPIRED BY:

Ele Carpenter - http://www.elecarpenter.org.uk/ for tech inspired and
facilitated participation with Open Source Embroidery, her curatorial
project exploring artists practice that explores the relationship
between programming for embroidery and computing.

Auriea Harvey - for her part with Entropy8Zuper in early intimate
networked performances http://entropy8zuper.org/wirefire and for Endless
Forest, Tale of Tales's bucolic social screensaver
http://tale-of-tales.com/TheEndlessForest

Mary Flanagan - for her energetic explorations as academic, educator,
artist and programmer at the intersection of games, art and feminism and
exploring collaborative approaches to thinking about values in
http://www.valuesatplay.org/

==============================

At the end of the week we will collate all of the posts in the thread
and feature them on Furtherfield.org.

See you on Netbehaviour : ))

With all best wishes from

Ruth and the Furtherfield team
http://www.furtherfield.org

Ada Lovelace Day -bringing women in technology to the fore
http://findingada.com/blog/2009/01/05/ada-lovelace-day/
sign a pledge to blog about inspirational women in tech on 24th March.

NetBehaviour is the Furtherfield.org email discussion listJoin
NetBehaviour for a week between 23rd and 30th March (of course we hope
you will stick around: )