[NetBehaviour] [Fwd: Ada Lovelace Day] from Diana McCarty

Ruth Catlow ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Sat Mar 28 14:38:23 CET 2009

Fwd:
from Diana McCarty of Faces

I would love to include the following people and initiatives in the
Ada Lovelace Day compilation!  The women that do this work and these
projects are great and inspiring.  They have meant a lot to me!
Shamelessly I include one of the projects I work on - Faces, because
hey, it is all about women that do Gender, Art and Technology projects.

For her amazing work combining feminist concepts in technological
models and her work with illustrating how important the construction
of knowledge is: She informs just about everything that I do!
Prof. Dr. Heidi Schelhowe
http://dimeb.informatik.uni-bremen.de/content/view/307/138/

Her work as a computer scientist is incredible. She asks the right
questions and is a constant challenge to some very dangerous
assumptions about privacy.
Seda Guerses
http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/~seda/

For her tireless commitment to working for Women in Technology. She is
able to realize elegant participatory models.
Uschi Reiter
http://www.firstfloor.org/ur/blog/

Her work is incredible - she connects the social with so many aspects
of technology.
Michelle Teran
http://techformance.blogspot.com/

They just got it: their early understanding of what was possible and
scary about big daddy mainframe and how to subvert it!
VNS Matrix
http://lx.sysx.org/vnsmatrix.html

Because they rock!
Gender Changers
http://www.genderchangers.org/

Because they rock!
The Eclectic Tech Carnival
http://www.eclectictechcarnival.org/

Possibly the only 90's mailing list that can sort out a cup of coffee,
a sofa to sleep on and has members that organize their own meetings
whenever they get the chance.
Faces Community
http://www.faces-l.net