[NetBehaviour] MzTEK Unplugged : Presentation by Ruth Catlow.

karen blissett karen.blissett at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:09:52 CET 2009

MzTEK Unplugged : Presentation by Ruth Catlow.

April 1, 2009
7:00 pm    to 9:00 pm
http://www.mztek.org/http:/www.mztek.org/ruth-catlow/

Hey folks,

Don’t miss our next MzTEK Unplugged session on April 1, presenting Ruth
Catlow from Furtherfield.org and HTTP Gallery.

When:  Wednesday, April 1, 7 - 9pm

Where: Leon Bankside, , 7 Canvey Street, SE1 0HS (behind the Tate Modern)

Ruth will be talking about Furtherfield.org, an independent media arts
organisation that provides contexts and platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the intersection
of art, technology and social change.
www.furtherfield.org
www.http.uk.net

Ruth is a media artist, educator and co-founder and co-director of
Furtherfield.org and HTTP Gallery in North London. She works
collaboratively with other artists, technologists, musicians, writers,
activists and thinkers from around the world, to devise and realise
artistic projects that explore relationship, connectedness and
participation; developing platforms with their own distinct artistic and
social contexts. Her work has been exhibited internationally and in the
UK at venues including the CCA, Glasgow and The Baltic, Gateshead.
www.furtherfield.org

Open to the public. Free.

About

We are a not for profit cooperative group supported by [ Space ] (
http://www.spacemedia.org.uk/) that aims to extend career development and
education opportunities for women working or wishing to work in media and/or
computer arts sectors.

MzTEK aims to do this through informal talks, peer-to-peer learning and a
unique taught course whose curriculum will be directed by the learners. It
is our hope that with funding, we will be able to provide a low-cost,
high-calibre series of talks and workshops.

We currently seek students, tutors, and willing co-organizers to help us put
together a smashing curriculum for our course (uTEK) and for our pub
sessions (Unplugged) and peer-to-peer sessions (P2P).