[NetBehaviour] Fwd: Ada Lovelace
ruth.catlow at furtherfield.org
Mon Mar 30 13:50:50 CEST 2009
Fowarded from Francesca Da Rimini
- a huge inspiration for me since i first met her in adelaide's small
but wild queer punk scene back in the early 1980s. her work is
beautiful, fearless, adept.
Shu Lea Cheang
- we met on email, i think through linda dement. creates complex
multi-layered spaces mixing on and offline exploring issues around sex,
violence, prejudice, society. pushes boundaries, always with incredible
style, seductive surfaces, humour. a mistress of the interface.
- extraordinary radical historian. her book Caliban and the Witch
examines women, labour, power and dispossession through the lense of
inquisitions, demonisation and other forms of violence. a compelling
account which can be read many times.
- philosopher, artist, criss-crossing media as the ideas demand. not
afraid of the dark, ever. someone i can send my writing to, at any stage
of roughness, without shame.
- artist working in sculpture, photography, digital media, installation.
explores issues around indigenous/colonial histories and representation.
smart, powerful, straight up.
More information about the NetBehaviour