[NetBehaviour] Ada Lovelace

max d. well pomodorox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 01:16:26 CEST 2009

has anybody mentioned Lynn Hershman Leeson already?

already kinda literally associated by one of her outstanding works :: the
movie *Conceiving Ada*...
all her works (installations, videos) make her one of the most influential
and important woman artists of the last decades

grüssings

max d. well

2009/3/25 Ghislaine Boddington <ghislaine at bodydataspace.net>

> MY NAME - Ghislaine Boddingtonworking within the group body>data>space
> <http://www.bodydataspace.net/>http://w <http://www.bodydataspace.net/>
> ww.bodydataspace.net
> with ResCen Middlesex University
> http://www.rescen.net/Ghislaine_Boddington/index.html and previously early
> digital sound and movement collective shinkansen
> see here for shinkansen and Future Physical archive<http://www.connectivity.org.uk/>
> http://www.connectivity.org.uk
>

> INSPIRED BY
> many many women across the years and we believe by even more of the future
> generations to come !!!
> in particular for us, the following women have been imperative as mentors
> in our development of interauthored telematic performance
>
> Thecla Schiphorst
> http://www.sfu.ca/~tschipho// <http://www.sfu.ca/%7Etschipho//>
> for her work on embodiment, sense enhancement and the human side of digital
> interaction. She worked as part of the original development team of
> Lifeforms software, the computer compositional tool for choreography and
> she has worked with Merce Cunningham since 1990 supporting his creation of
> new dance with the computer. She inspires many with her work at Simon Fraser
> University Vancover and with her international exhibits including Bodymaps:
> artifacts of Touch, an pioneer touch based video body installation. We
> have been pushed by her thinking and questioning while working with her
> producing the second iteration of "whispers" for Future Physical (Cambridge
> 2003) and producing Bodymaps into the ICA as part of *Virtual Incarnations
> * *Dance Umbrella 2000. *
>

> Hellen Sky
> http://www.hellensky.com/hellen.swf
> Digital choreographer and telematic dancer, writer and director, the most
> experienced dancing woman in cyberspace !!! Hellen is the prophet we all
> need to look to for her early work on telematics and technology within the
> performance and installation space, using realtime data generated by the
> body. Co-founder of Company in Space in Melbourne (1992 - 2004) this group,
> who we worked with several times into the ICA and other contexts, was an
> inspiration for all dance technology in the 90s. We worked Hellen again
> recently for the Post Me-New ID Forum in Dresden and here is an excerpt of
> her writing from Virtual Physical Bodies catalogue, published by centre des
> arts d'Enghien-les-Bains, Paris, for the body>data>space exhibition Oct 2008
> - Jan 2009
>

> "....Although there is no gravity here
> The weight of time holds me to this virtual floor
> As you wait for me to arrive in streamings of bits and bytes,
> zeros and ones
> In realtime, lag time, day for nighttime
> To arrive at the unstable matrix of my new skin
>
> The screen is not a surface but reach of my extended touch "
>
> ....Hellen Sky
>

> Amanda Steggell
>
> http://www.liveart.org/
> [...]

≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈
pomodoro bolzano
media art work

www.pbspace.de
www.artbirthday.com
http://xxxtenxion.blogspot.com
http://derblauedynamo.blogspot.com
http://artthinkbox.blogspot.com

art.think.box, in the virtual world Second Life since 2006.
artist run space for networking, artists-in-residence  and mixed reality
go to:: SLurl:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Netherbeck/185/165/68/?title=art.think.box&msg=Pomodoro%20Bolzano