[NetBehaviour] in support of Ada Lovelace Day...

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Tue Mar 31 19:37:06 CEST 2009

Hi Netbehaviourists,

I just wanted give a warm thanks to Olga Panades who has recently joined
the furtherfield crew - for compiling all of the Ada Lovelace Day
material submitted by everyone here.

It took from 10am this morning till 5pm in the afternoon to create one
single list...

Thanks Olga :-)

My job is to add extras or take away anything that looks a bit minimal
or non-contextual, and then turn it into one document to be added to the
front of furtherfield for the world to see. To be honest, I am not sure
how long this will take. May be a couple of days...

This whole project, process & experience has proved that Ada Lovelace
lives on in all of us in various ways. Not just that, it seems that the
connection we have made here, whilst sharing together the women we
respect and admire; has reconnected us to a spirit which allows us to
see why we are doing what we are doing in life. Hopefully, if there has
been any doubt regarding issues around femnism or problems around
individuals and groups being made invisible by the structures and powers
that be; we use this collective occassion to atleast draw some
inspiration from the energy and positive voices whom have generously
offered their time in submitting such a comprehensive selection of women
who have and are involved with technology, art, activism and theory.

It is a valuable resource and I will definitely be directing students
and others to view this list regularly.

Anyway Nuff said,

It would be great if anyone would like to offer a few sentences
regarding the project and we can add it to the list as an introduction.
A woman would be preferable in view of the circumstances ;-)

wishing all well.

marc

 > In support of Ada Lovelace Day we invited all women who work in media
 > arts and net art, who were not already subscribed, to join the
 > NetBehaviour email list for a week between 23rd and 30th March.
 >
 > We asked all of them to contribute by listing some of the women that
 > had inspired them. We promised to collate all the posts and so we did.
 > Here is the result. Thanks to all of those - women and men - who have
 > contributed to this tribute!

<mailto:netbehaviour%40netbehaviour.org?Subject=%5BNetBehaviour%5D%20Furtherfield%20in%20support%20of%20Ada%20Lovelace%20Day%20-%20posts%0A%09list&In-Reply-To=>