[NetBehaviour] Noise & Capitalism: Undoing, Understanding & Sharing Time Together.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Sep 9 17:39:06 CEST 2009

Noise & Capitalism:

Undoing, Understanding & Sharing Time Together

We are celebrating the publication of the book Noise &
Capitalism with a four days experimental gathering:

14-17 September 2009 Arteleku, Kristobaldegi 14,
Donostia-San Sebastian (Gipuzkoa, Basque Country)

Emma Hedditch, Howard Slater, Anthony Iles & Mattin

This event is part of ERTZ festival organised by Audiolab

If our senses are appropriated by capitalism and put to work
in an ‘attention economy’, let's, then, reappropriate our
senses, our capacity to feel, our receptive powers; let's
start the war at the membrane!

Alienated language is noise, but noise contains
possibilities that may, who knows, be more affective than
discursive, more enigmatic than dogmatic.

Noise and improvisation are practices of risk, a ‘going
fragile’. Yet these risks imply a social responsibility
that could take us beyond ‘phoney freedom’ and into unities
of differing.

Is this what we should explore in this experiment?

Set up to fail, fail to set up, fall-in behind the failsafe;
or share and undo ourselves a little?

Everything is possible. But why, from cradle to stage, from
classroom to cantina, do we often just do what is expected
from us?

What is it that constrains us, pressures us?

What could our scope of action be in each specific moment?

How can we change our social relations at this or that
precise moment?

How are our bodies moving through space?

How are our senses informing our thought?

How are our resonances and silences musical?

What does this mean to different people?

How does our class, gender and sexuality determine what we
do, what we think and the way we play?

Can we play without instruments as ‘instruments of sensitive
living’ without identities?

If the conditions in which we produce our music affects our
playing then let's try to feel through them, understand
them as much as possible and, then, change these
conditions.

Let's not use ready-made methods and forms; let’s try to
find our own.

Everybody is welcome and is free, to register, get texts and
other information please email: arteleku at gipuzkoa.net

ERTZ #10
Irailaren 9tik 19ra / del 9 al 19 de septiembre

09.09.09 Tabakalera . Donostia-San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa)
CHARLEMAGNE PALESTINE

10.09.09 Tabakalera . Donostia-San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa)
FRANCISCO LOPEZ

12.09.09 Berako kultur etxea . Bera (Nafarroa)
TOSHIMARU NAKAMURA & IGNAZ SCHICK
ANDER LIPUS, MIREN GAZTAÑAGA & XABI STRUBELL
GREGG KOWALSKY
ALEX MENDIZABAL
TZESNE

13.09.09 Kaxerna gaztetxea . Bera (Nafarroa)
MATTIN, EMMA HEDDITCH, ANTHONY ILES & HOWARD SLATER
ALEX MENDIZABAL, JAKOBA ERROKONDO, JUAN JOSE ARANGUREN
ADI BERA
IÑIGO UGARTEBURU
MURSEGO

14.09.09 Bonberenea . Tolosa (Gipuzkoa)
IMPROVISANDO GAZTETXES

14-17.09.09 Arteleku . Donostia-San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa)
RUIDO Y CAPITALISMO workshop
MATTIN, EMMA HEDDITCH, ANTHONY ILES & HOWARD SLATER

19.09.09 Hazparne (Lapurdi)
AKAUZAZTE
TRIO MORAINE
OIERIA
ISLAIA

> > ANTOLATZAILEAK:

ERTZ ekartea (Bera) - Berako Kultur Batzordea - Berako Udala
Arteleku (Donostia)- Gipuzkoako Foru Aldundia
Tabakalera (Donostia) - Eihartzea kultur etxea (Hazparne)
Bonberenea (Tolosa)

http://www.arteleku.net/programa-es/festival-ertz-ruido-y-capitalismo