[NetBehaviour] PAVILION - journal for politics and culture #14 Out Now!

info info at furtherfield.org
Mon Feb 1 14:52:22 CET 2010

PAVILION - journal for politics and culture #14 Out Now!

PAVILION #14: BIOPOLITICS, NECROPOLITICS AND DE-COLONIALITY

www.pavilionjournal.org
pavilion at pavilionmagazine.org

www.pavilionjournal.org
PAVILION - journal for politics and culture
PO Box 26-0390
014800 Bucharest
Romania

PAVILION #14: BIOPOLITICS, NECROPOLITICS AND DE-COLONIALITY
Guest editor: Marina Grzinic
IS OUT NOW

'I am interested in rethinking conceptually, politically and
ideologically the conditions of the re/production of life, art and
culture in the social and political space in the present moment of
neoliberal global capitalism. Capitalism is not just a framework 'out
there somewhere.' It is the condition sine qua non of the way we live
and of how life is conceptualized today. It is also the basic condition
of the way in which the social and political layers of society function.
Last but not least, it is at the basis of the way in which each and
every institution of contemporary capitalist society is organized and
functions today. When I say 'institution,' I mean both its material
foundation and its 'non-material' discourses. Institutions today
comprise innumerable social practices, their theoretical
conceptualization and practical organizations.' (extras from 'From
Biopolitics to Necropolitics and the Institution of Contemporary Art' by
Marina Grzinic)

In this issue:
(free download the pdf version of the issue at www.pavilionjournal.org)

COLUMN

Biopolitics, Necropolitics and De-Coloniality
Marina Grzinic

BIOPOLITICS, NECROPOLITICS AND DE-COLONIALITY
PART I

 From Biopolitics to Necropolitics and the Institution of Contemporary Art
Marina Grzinic

Metastasis of Democracy, Communication and Mass Intelect
Sefik Seki Tatlic

AROUND
PART II

Life After Death
Nejra Nuna Cengic

EXTENT
PART III

The Communal and the Decolonial
Walter Mignolo

De-Linking from Capital and the Colonial Matrix of Power: Class
Racialization and the (De)Regulation of Life
Sebastjan Leban

Beyond the State and the Market: Trans-Modern Art as a Way of Liberating
Knowledge and Being
Madina Tlostanova

---

What is PAVILION?

A journal for politics and culture that name alludes to the relative
temporary structure of the contemporary art.
The journal is presenting wide-ranging, multi-disciplinary content in
each issue through the varied formats of regular column, essays,
interviews, and artist projects.
Our publication addresses to a broad audience of readers, which are
interested in contemporary culture and recent political and social
issues and does not only want to describe contemporary phenomenon but
with its militant attitude it tries to directly intervene in cultural,
political and social life.
Every issue has a special theme, which gives the general outline for the
accumulation of texts, artworks and projects.
Moreover, PAVILION is the producer of many related projects like
BUCHAREST BIENNALE | Bucharest International Biennial for Contemporary
Art, www.bucharestbiennale.org and run the contemporary art center
PAVILION UNICREDIT, www.paviliounicredit.org

---

Our blog: pavilion.pavilionmagazine.org/

---

Flexicover, English, 14.5 x 19.5 cm, 176 pages, wrapped in plastic,
price 15 € + 3 € pp.
In Bucharest can be found exclusively at PAVILION center for
contemporary art & culture with 30% discount. For students 50% discount.

Internationally distributed in Europe, Australia, USA, Asia.

For orders write to pavilion at pavilionmagazine.org or call +4 031 103 4131.
You can also order the magazine by PayPal on the website.

---
PAVILION
journal for politics and culture
Sos. Nicolae Titulescu 1 (Piata Victoriei)
Bucharest 011131 Romania
T: + 4 031 103 4131
E: pavilion at pavilionmagazine.org
www.pavilionjournal.org