[NetBehaviour] Crisis at the ICA: Ekow Eshun¹s Experiment in Deinstitutionalisation

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Thu Feb 11 14:13:07 CET 2010

On 11/2/2010, "marc garrett" <marc.garrett at furtherfield.org> wrote:

>I sometimes wonder if ourselves ran the ICA what it that look like - we
>would include so many others, such as a rotating curators, collective
>decision making - a consensus board, as well as being connected to the
>communities that we are already part of and have been for years, that we
>could offer so much more than it is now - the artists are the source.
>
>The current representatives of our art culture are so lacking in edge or
>recognition of what it is really going on, I know that dreaming such a
>silly thing is stupid, but we can carry on building our own contexts on
>our own mutual terms anyway...

If there is one thing I am able to say about this, it is there is a
positive side... to it all ... (though the 3rd of the ICA's employees
who are about to loose their jobs may not see it this way).

Reading the article by JJ Charlesworth makes our own communities whether
real or virtual, all the more valuable and worth the effort.

If it's stupid to dream of what may seem impossible, then I'm stupid,
and I'm going to be stupid for the rest of my life :-)

Best regards,
James