[NetBehaviour] Counter-Campaigning Workshop

info info at furtherfield.org
Mon Feb 15 12:11:12 CET 2010

Counter-Campaigning Workshop
Pre-Election Public Campaign Art Interventions

Counter-Campaigning Workshops | February 26th and 27th 2010

By hacking or commenting on messages of policital parties, do you
generate attention for the object that's commented upon thereby risking
misinterpretation?

This day long action-packed workshop – just before the start of the
Dutch city-council elections – will allow participants to be introduced
to the theme by experienced art and design practitioners as well as
experts in the activist and political scene. Together we will formulate
new messages, produce and distribute our messages prior to the upcoming
elections. During the workshop participants, artists and theoreticians
will brainstorm and create quick campaign reactions, and distribute them
in the city. Everyone is welcome to join.

Register here for February 26th: www.mediamatic.net/page/131660/en
Register here for February 27th: www.mediamatic.net/page/134167/en
Information

The day programme costs € 10, and includes drinks and production of the
campaign. Please check the workshop page for additional information, or
contact Deborah Meibergen: deborah at mediamatic.net
Location

Mediamatic BANK, Vijzelstraat 68, Amsterdam.
Public intervention moment

On Sunday February 28th or Wednesday March 3rd 2010 from 1 pm. We will
together take the campaigns realised during the workshop into public
space. This might entail a public performance, speech, garden planting
or poster plakking, but will incorporate the messages of the campaigns
developed.

www.mediamatic.net