[NetBehaviour] Digital Art and Design at Writtle School of Art.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Mon Feb 15 13:19:32 CET 2010

Hi Liz & Writtle Students,

Hi AshleighS,

A short sequence taken from a full film walking through a 3D environment
exploring the boundaries between reality and fantasy.
http://www.michaelszpakowski.org/writtle/ashleigh_final.mov

This is a good start. I might be worth exploring deeper what these
themes mean to yourself as well finding out what the world outside is
saying about your theme. Research some of it on the Internet, and other
sources books etc...

I like it that you are there typing on the computer, it kind of proposes
a deconstructive perspective to it all, which is a great idea. It seems
like you are exploring narrative in your work.

Here are some examples I have which may help in some way, especially in
respct of 3D contemporary creativity, not the film 'Avatar', but more
art stuff, although some of it might be games art or similar, some of it
contextual.

Jean Finlay
http://www.jeaniefinlay.com/wordpress/?cat=5

Homemaker. Interview with Jean Finlay.
http://www.furtherfield.org/displayreview.php?review_id=213

SwanQuake by igloo
SwanQuake is a series of interactive 3D virtual environments with
motion-capture driven characters, using a game controller, the viewer
navigates freely throughout each of the pieces.
http://www.igloo.org.uk/SwanQuake.htm

Ripon by Troy Richards and Knut Hybinette.
http://www.ripongame.com/

jules et jim by by maya kalogera, Jimpunk and Clement Thomas
http://www.kalogera.net/dada/index.htm

Grafik Dynamo by Kate Armstrong and Michael Tippett
http://www.turbulence.org/Works/dynamo/

Views from the ground floor by Jess Loseby
http://www.viewsfromthegroundfloor.com/

There are plenty more to mention, but this'll do for now :-)

wishing you well.

marc