[NetBehaviour] The BP/Gulf of Mexico oil disaster

dave miller dave.miller.uk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 21:11:10 CEST 2010

Hi Edward

Really great work. This whole episode is so tragic - but is sadly a
common occurrence in Nigeria. When I was in my early 20's I worked in
Nigeria, the idea seems unreal now, I can't believe I did it. One job
sort of led to another and I lived in a world that didn't question
these things, well not enough. But I regularly saw massive oil slicks,
and the creeks in the delta full of oil, and the beaches ruined, and
gas stacks burning methane. Someone recently mentioned "Platform" -
that I should get involved with them to try to give something back:
"Platform work to reduce the environmental and social impacts of oil
corporations, to help citizens gain a say in decisions that affect
them, and to support the transition to a more sustainable energy
economy."
http://www.carbonweb.org/showitem.asp?article=7&parent=3

I think I will

dave