[NetBehaviour] creativity error: "i can't be bothered"

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Wed Nov 3 15:06:10 CET 2010

keep going. your work's great.
tan(-i) is imaginary anyway.
don't expect anything. you do a lot; so do i. pretty much there's silence
and no feedback.
don't expect payment. you're work's not commercial. the people i know who
do 'well' - which isn't well - spend all their time tuning the artworld,
their work, openings, applications. that doesn't mean their stuff's
interesting. they'll make the history books- they already have - but the
stuff feels - most of the time - like a straightjacket.
someone told me once if i kept pushing boundaries i shouldn't expect
anything from the public - that's the nature of the work i do. but they
liked the fact i was 'uncompromising.'
your jobs sound miserable and if i were a grant agency you'd get one. are
you applying for things?
this doesn't help, but it's the best i can do. i like your work of course
- that goes without saying - and i'm not alone in this by far.
finally the world's just fucked up. and after these elections more so.
we're all in a hard winter.

- alan