[NetBehaviour] Call & Response Sonic Art Residency.

info info at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 5 10:44:19 CET 2010

Call & Response Sonic Art Residency.

Call & Response is an independent sonic arts collective, serving as a
focus for sound arts practice in London. Our aim is to provide an artist
run space for the exhibition and performance of sonic artworks,
reflecting the emerging interest in the use of the auditory in
contemporary art.

You are invited to a four-day sonic art residency at the James Taylor
Gallery, Hackney. An immersive listening environment located in an
expansive Victorian factory in East London. Free entry.

---
12-6pm, 4th-7th Nov

...We'll be presenting multi-channel works by

Kaffe Matthews (Annette Works)
Robert Van Heumen (STEIM)
Jo Thomas (En'Tracte)
Jacob Kirkegaard (Touch)
Dawn Scarfe
Ralph Steinbrüchel (12k)
Eric La Casa (Room 40)
Mick Grierson (EMS)
Tom Slater
John Levack Drever (EMS)
Lawrence Upton
Jeremy Keenan

These will be on rotation from 12-6pm, 4th-7th November and entry is
free throughout. For full details of the programme check our website.

---
7-11pm, 5th Nov

An evening of international performers utilising our 8.1 surround sound
system on the evening of Friday 5th November.

A-R-A-R (UK)
Homemade electronics duo Vasco Alvo and Louie Rice, on AM/FM Keyboard
and Tone Generator.

Andre Avelas (PT)
Presenting a performless solo generated by musical automata.

Brian Mckenna (CA)
Performing an audiovisual work using feedback and harmonic distortion.

Adam Asnan (UK)
Presenting a 12 channel work utilising mobile cassette players.

Kaffe Matthews (UK)
Performing a live multi-channel piece.

Tickets will be available on the door and in advance (£6/£4), check our
website for details.

---
4:30-6pm, 6th Nov

'Sound is Promiscuous'

In conjunction with the exhibition and performances, Call & Response is
proud to present a talk around the act of listening, particularly
locating sound as a spatial concern and contesting its power of
representation in contemporary society.

Joining us in the discussion are curator Cecilia Wee, and three of the
exhibiting artists --- Lawrence Upton, Dawn Scarfe and Tom Slater. The
title of the talk, Sound is Promiscuous, is taken from Brandon Labelle's
analysis of auditory life and sound culture in Acoustic Territories.

---
http://callandresponse.org.uk/
http://www.jtg.org.uk/