[NetBehaviour] Taiwanese animation

Owen Bowden owen.bowden at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 20:56:26 CET 2010

This was interesting :

CORRUPT LONDON: 'My Word is my Bond' - But can we really trust the
City of London?

The City liked to pride itself that it lived up to the Stock Exchange
motto, ‘My word is my bond’, but this claim has no credibility with
the public following the banking crisis. There is nostalgic talk of
the need to return to old values but did the City’s culture, ethics
and business practices ever meet the ideal? Is it possible to
establish a credible ethical code in the modern financial world and do
today’s bankers deserve their reputation for sleaze and greed?

Philip Augar led NatWest’s global securities business, and was a Group
Managing Director at Schroders before turning to writing in 2000. His
fifth book, Reckless: The Rise and Fall of the City, has just been
released in paperback and he has completed a trilogy highly critical
of the modern financial services industry.

'My Word is my Bond' - But can we really trust the City of London? [32 minutes]

http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/podcast/bishopsgate_podcast_my_word_is_my_bond.MP3

http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/events_details.asp?EventsID=510