[NetBehaviour] New job opportunity for a young artist at folly, Lancaster

Jennifer Stoddart jennifer.stoddart at folly.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 14:16:47 CET 2010

Folly (www.folly.co.uk) is delighted to be able to offer the following opportunity to a young artist or creative practitioner in the North West of England, under the Cumbria Future Jobs Fund. The opportunity is open to young (aged 18-24), long-term unemployed people who are currently claiming Job Seekers Allowance.

We are seeking to employ someone for 6 months to act as a lead artist, working with the folly staff team to develop and deliver an innovative digital arts project with digitally excluded older people in Cumbria.

This position provides an excellent opportunity for a young artist interested in working with technology to develop their practice in a socially-engaged context, supported by the region's leading agency delivering participative arts activities that provide creative interaction and collaboration between artists and the wider public using technology.

We expect the post holder to bring their own artistic identity to the project, but anticipate that the project will use one or more of the following forms of artistic activity or technology: mobile technologies, pervasive gaming, online communities, social media, interactivity, online broadcasting, or other related disciplines.

Applicants will need to be able to work from our Lancaster base for a period of 6 months, and travel across Cumbria regularly.

Deadline for applications has been extended to the 17th of November, so get in touch with your local Job Centre Advisor now!

It is essential that applicants fitting the above criteria should contact Jobcentre Plus to find out further details of the Future Jobs Fund scheme and to confirm their eligibility to apply. Jobcentre Plus will provide further details on the posts and on how to make an application.

Folly cannot accept applications from persons not fitting the eligibility criteria – check with your advisor at your local Job Centre.