[NetBehaviour] You Can't Spell Fungible Without Fun

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Thu Nov 11 10:16:48 CET 2010

On 11/11/2010 12:12 AM, James Morris wrote:
> On 11 November 2010 00:04, Rob Myers<rob at robmyers.org>  wrote:
>
>> There is something culturally interesting about Macs that has as much to
>> do with logistics and experience design as with software. They are
>> constrained experiential affordances, carefully ground lenses for being
>> - they are like the lone ranger mask or the star trek communicator or
>> the power rangers morpher of a child's toybox. Invest emotionally and
>> imaginatively in them and they aren't just information appliances, they
>> are hooks for a whole different aspirational way of relating to the world.
>
> As were the tiles in a chip shop I went in once...

Some years ago I was sat in a coffee shop in Tooting. At the time I'd
been making textures for online VR environments, and I had the nagging
feeling that something was wrong with the texturing of the virtual
environment I was sat in despite the fact that I wasn't sat in a virtual
environment.

The walls of the coffee shop were covered in dozens of precisely the
same large mock-marble texture tile...

- Rob.