[NetBehaviour] TAXONOMEDIA INTERVIEW: MEDIA ARCHIVING AND CONSERVATION: WHAT’S AT STAKE?

info info at furtherfield.org
Sun Nov 14 13:20:57 CET 2010

TAXONOMEDIA INTERVIEW: MEDIA ARCHIVING AND CONSERVATION: WHAT’S AT STAKE?

by Raquel Herrera

Taxonomedia is a project and collective that called my attention a few
years ago. For one thing, because they’re based in Barcelona, where I
live, where very few projects focus on both the practical and
theoretical aspects of so called “new media” (or media in general, for
that matter), and because its members, Consuelo Rozo and Vanina Hofman,
hail from Latin American countries which I’m sure have influenced their
views on media and media conservation. Their activities seem to have
expanded, to Argentina mostly, and have reached local important
institutions such as the Macba (the Museum of Contemporary Art in
Barcelona), so I decided it was high time I interviewed Taxonomedia
about their past, present, and future activities.

http://newmediafix.net/daily/?p=3458#more-3458