[NetBehaviour] UK Twitter Users Declare 'I'm Spartacus'.

marc garrett marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Sun Nov 14 13:48:35 CET 2010

UK Twitter Users Declare 'I'm Spartacus'.

"Tweeters have joined forces to support Paul Chambers
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11742182), the man convicted and
fined for a Twitter message threatening to blow up an airport. A
so-called 'I'm Spartacus' campaign encouraging users to 're-tweet' his
words has also become a huge hit. The hashtag #IAmSpartacus is currently
the number one trending topic on Twitter in the UK, with
#twitterjoketrial in second place. Chambers is believed to be the first
person convicted in the UK for posting an offensive tweet. After the
hearing, actor and Twitter fan Stephen Fry tweeted that he would pay
Chambers' fine. Comedian Dara O'Briain tweeted that the verdict was
'ludicrous' while Peep Show actor David Mitchell said it was 'punishment
for flippancy.'"