[NetBehaviour] Long Live the Web.

Simon Biggs s.biggs at eca.ac.uk
Sat Nov 20 15:14:23 CET 2010

Berners-Lee would then appreciate (not) the UK government's announcement it
will permit ISPs and other gatekeepers to abandon net neutrality and give
premium providers (not users) improved bandwidth. That is the beginning of a
shift in the web, from a many to many to a few to the many model.
Effectively broadcast. Sky will love them - and I'm sure this is part of the
price Murdoch has demanded of the current government to support them so
vigorously.

Best

Simon

Simon Biggs
s.biggs at eca.ac.uk  simon at littlepig.org.uk
Skype: simonbiggsuk
http://www.littlepig.org.uk/

Research Professor  edinburgh college of art
http://www.eca.ac.uk/
Creative Interdisciplinary Research in CoLlaborative Environments
http://www.eca.ac.uk/circle/
Electronic Literature as a Model of Creativity and Innovation in Practice
http://www.elmcip.net/
Centre for Film, Performance and Media Arts
http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/film-performance-media-arts