[NetBehaviour] University of Strategic Optimism.

giles giles at askham.org
Fri Nov 26 10:35:17 CET 2010

This is a really interesting and thought provoking action.

Looking at their site I found the following quote;

"Anyone who thinks the spending review is just about saving money is
missing the point. This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to
transform the way that government works."

This 'word of a UK Treasury official' has been quoted quite a lot online including by Mark Easton at the BBC;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/2010/10/its_not_just_the_economy_stupi.html

I find this statement deeply disturbing. It would appear that Naomi Klein's  analysis of the neoliberal 'hijacking' of disasters (be they economic, political, 'natural', etc.) in order to push their ideologically motivated 'reforms' past an unsuspecting or outflanked demos rings true more than ever.

www.askham.org
www.cubed-3.org
www.game-play.org.uk