[NetBehaviour] New on Netartery.

info info at furtherfield.org
Fri Nov 26 14:27:47 CET 2010

New on Netartery.

SOUND RESOLUTION
by Jim Andrews
http://netartery.vispo.com/?p=597
Now what I’m going to tell you you already know back in some primitive
part of your brain. Digital sound doesn’t sound as good as many analog
recordings. Here’s why...

DIGITAL FICTION IPAD PROJECT: THE GOOD AND BAD STUFF
by Andy Campbell
http://netartery.vispo.com/?p=579
I thought it might be interesting to reflect on how we’re finding the
iPad as a development platform regarding our latest digital fiction
project ‘Changed‘, bearing in mind that we’re not using the Apple SDK or
exporting an App from Flash CS5 to produce this piece...

NHL BRAIN TRINKET
by Jim Andrews
http://netartery.vispo.com/?p=565
What I’m going to tell you—I warn you—is of no consequence whatever. And
it won’t even be of interest to you unless you’re an NHL hockey fan.
And, worse, it’s going to test your algebra skills. The only thing I can
say in favour of saying it at all is that you just won’t ever read
anything else about hockey like what I’m going to tell you right now. It
just doesn’t happen. This is the unicorn of hockey writing. Right here,
right now...

SHOES RED AS WOUNDS
by Christine Wilks
http://netartery.vispo.com/?p=556
For my performance of Underbelly in Edinburgh, UK, on Halloween at
Inspace no one can hear you scream I intend to wear shoes as red as
wounds. Why? Because Underbelly, my work of playable media fiction, is
an exploration of women’s bodies in relation to the land – past and
present, inside and outside, above and below ground – and shoes,
especially red ones, are loaded with associations...
NOTE: Underbelly won the Poole Prize for New Media after Christine
posted this.

ISSUE ON DIGITAL POETRY FROM THE JOURNAL OF ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING
by Jim Andrews
http://netartery.vispo.com/?p=543
Aaron McCollough is guest-editing an issue of The Journal of Electronic
Publishing on digital poetry. What we have here is the email he sent to
the Poetics list requesting submissions for that issue...