[NetBehaviour] "Open Source Culture"

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Fri Apr 1 12:24:43 CEST 2011

On 03/31/2011 10:40 PM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> Do you have any more examples of artists writing about open source
> culture (e.g. the link you posted to Joy Garnett)

Open Source culture / Free Culture tends to get mixed up with
appropriation art, collaborative art and other ideas so it's hard to
find artists who are talking about it directly.

There's more from the same sources ("open source", "gift", and "free
culture" are good phrases to search for in the following sites):

http://www.salrandolph.com/
http://opsound.org/info/free/

http://newsgrist.typepad.com/
http://www.firstpulseprojects.com/joy-writings.html
http://www.firstpulseprojects.com/joy-lectures.html

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/node/4489

http://robmyers.org/weblog/

As for different artists:

http://www.mtaa.net/mtaaRR/news/twhid/artificial_legal_add_ons_to_art.html

http://www.blogher.com/free-culture

http://theoverthrow.com/site/general/james-powderly-gets-open/

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20051013055803/http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/10/3/20856/7891

http://www.gwennseemel.com/index.php/blog/category/free_culture/

http://magazine.redhat.com/2008/08/26/open-source-for-the-future-art-music-and-sustainablity-at-monome/

http://graffitiresearchlab.com/projects/ars-electronica-exhibition/

And a study:

http://www.openbusiness.cc/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/ACEReport.pd

If anyone else on the list has written anything on this subject or knows
of anything that other people have written I'd be very interested to
hear about that as well!

- Rob.