[NetBehaviour] How Dutch organised via Twitter to stop bankers getting bonuses

dave miller dave.miller.uk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:50:59 CEST 2011

"ING customers mobilised on Twitter and other social networks to
protest at bonuses paid to bosses at the bank, one of the biggest in
the country. The threat of direct action raised the spectre of a
partial run on ING, terrifying the Dutch establishment. Fred Polhout,
union organiser at the bank, says: "People were outraged. We heard
about the bloated sums being paid again in the City and in New York;
but suddenly the issue exploded on our own front door.""

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/27/dutch-bankers-bonuses-axed-by-people-power

UK bank bonuses:
HSBC: http://www.businessinsider.com/89-hsbc-bankers-got-a-16-million-bonus-2011-3
RBS: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12407565