[NetBehaviour] Cariou vs. Prince: THE COPYRIGHT BUNGLE

bob catchpole bobcatchpole at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 22:51:58 CEST 2011

On 01/04/11 21:46, Rob Myers  wrote:

>Documentary photography is simple uncompensated "theft" of an image, and
>yet in this case we are being asked to privilege that over the creation
>of a unique original artwork.

So the documentary photography of Andre Kertesz, Robert Frank, Bill Brandt,
Diane Arbus, W. Eugene Smith, Josef Koudelka, Inge Morath, Raghu Rai, August
Sander, Dorothea Lange, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Walker Evans, Eve Arnold, Ernest
Cole, Lewis Hine, Lee Friedlander, Philip Jones Griffiths, Brassai, Richard
Avedon etc etc doesn't qualify as 'art'?

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Bob