[NetBehaviour] Fw: [eu-gene] Generative art that is not software based?

Paul Hertz ignotus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:03:47 CEST 2011

FWIW, the geometric patterns/musical parametric spaces (yes, one and the
same) that I have used in some of my work began as an "analog" card game,
albeit with binary punch cards.

Theory: http://ignotus.com/worksonpaper/pages/ignotheo.html
Images: http://ignotus.com/worksonpaper/index.html
Video: http://ignotus.com/mage/shuffle.html (series of pages)

Video is of a performance as Ignotus the Mage (dysfunctional fortuneteller,
only sees the present) at Siggraph 2006, also using the cards. Performance
is analog (though my brain may be digital?) based on patterns ("rules") in
the array of cards.

-- Paul

http://ignotus.com