[NetBehaviour] Berners-lee

Lichty, Patrick plichty at colum.edu
Thu Apr 14 14:34:56 CEST 2011

Although I see Berner-Lee's point, I also feel like it's a position somewhere between the modernist trope of technology saving us and the technooligarchic One Laptop Per Child.  But on the other had, with the disparity between the world's rich and poor widening daily, I can't really be against any initiative that seeks to empower the underclasses in any way.

Not, if this is really true, I am for deprivatizing OSP's and ISP's and making them public utilities.
Say good bye to GoDaddy!  Fine with me!

Patrick Lichty
Asst. Professor
Dept of Interactive Arts & Media
Columbia College Chicago
916/1000 S. Wabash Ave #104
Chicago, IL USA
"Sometimes you do things not for the logic of them, but only for the fact that it is the right thing to do, and that is all."