[NetBehaviour] Let's Learn UNIX!

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Apr 15 14:42:35 CEST 2011

For what it's worth, I've used emacs a bit; it's pretty obscure but you
can do odd editing and it's got the Eliza program ('intelligent' agent)
built-in. I've used vi/vim in a pinch, but I'm lazy; for making/editing
text I prefer nano/pico, which is easy and minimal and fast. - Alan

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Pall Thayer wrote:

> I agree. I would recommend that any mac/linux/other-unix-variant users learn
> to use the command line. You won't regret it. It'll save you time and help
> you take full control of your computer. I've never used emacs. I prefer vim.
> I do all of my coding in vim. I've tried a variety of other more graphical
> editors but haven't found anything that I find better than vim.
>
> On Apr 15, 2011 8:11 AM, <jwm.art.net at gmail.com> wrote:

==
webpage http://www.alansondheim.org
music archive: http://www.espdisk.com/alansondheim/