[NetBehaviour] Let's Learn UNIX!

Andreas Maria Jacobs ajaco at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 15 15:41:50 CEST 2011

I suggest to read the "Bash Cookbook" by O'Reilly

Commercial but valuable also as an iPhone app

Highly recommended as a handy practical resource for lots of shell
scripting commands f.i. how to use shell variables, how to use find in
a practical way to search with (limited) regular expressions,
explanation of grep and sed and much more

Both for the seasoned and beginner programmer a must read/have

PS i am not an O'Reilly evangelist but it is just a good source as
more of their technical editions are

Andreas Maria Jacobs

w: http://www.nictoglobe.com
w: http://burgerwaanzin.nl