[NetBehaviour] Let's Learn UNIX!

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Fri Apr 15 16:05:57 CEST 2011

On 04/15/2011 01:42 PM, Alan Sondheim wrote:

> For what it's worth, I've used emacs a bit; it's pretty obscure but you
> can do odd editing and it's got the Eliza program ('intelligent' agent)
> built-in. I've used vi/vim in a pinch, but I'm lazy; for making/editing
> text I prefer nano/pico, which is easy and minimal and fast. - Alan

Whatever text editor works for you is the right text editor. :-)

nano/pico is definitely the quickest to learn and remember.

I recommended Emacs because it is so powerful and flexible, learning it
can be an influential experience, and it is such a part of UNIX history
(despite not originally having been written on UNIX).

- Rob.