[NetBehaviour] Defining myself

dave miller dave.miller.uk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:28:30 CEST 2011

I've been inspired by looking at Annie Abraham's website, i really
admire how she defines what she does:

"I am not a performer, I use performance to do research.
I am not a researcher, I use research in my performance pieces.
I am a performer who uses research as a medium.
I am a performer researching encounters."

03 2011 Annie Abrahams.

I can see how she's split this into 2 parts - "I am not" and "I am" ...

Personally, I'm generally confused about what I do, with my art, where
I want to take it, so I've had a go at defining my "art" using Annie's
technique:

I am not an illustrator, I draw to express myself
I am not a storyteller, I use stories to communicate
I am not a programmer, I use technology as a medium
I am not a journalist, I am interested in news, history, politics
I am not an activist, I campaign for justice

OK - so far so good - but I'm stuck on the "I am" bit! I know what I'm
not, but cant say what I am.

Any thought's?

Dave