[NetBehaviour] Visualising the netbehaviour neighbours - and the neighbourhood

Annie Abrahams bram.org at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:01:36 CEST 2011

Hello Marianne, please tell me a bit more about who you are first.
Yours
Annie

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM, list|marianne <list at criticalm.org> wrote:

>  Dear all,
> I'm trying to visualise different online networks. Considering online
> networks as neigbourhoods where people congregate around
> ideology/interests/beliefs rather than through physical proximity,
> netbehaviour easily becomes a neighbourhood.
> I'm in this neighbourhood – I like it. I have met a few of you in real
> life, but mostly know you just by name (and sometimes surprised by how
> knowing by name make me believe I know in person). The truth is, I don't
> know most of my online neighbours, I can’t put a face to the name.
>
> So, in an attempt to visualise the neighbourhood -  I'm collecting video
> portraits from those I know, and those I connect to but don't yet know. I
> will share the accumulated neighbourhood portrait  online.
>
> I’m extending the invitation to all. So, if you want to be part of it -
> will you send me a video portrait of yourself? 15-20 seconds. Using this
> excellent picture as a guide
>
> (main point: plain background, make sure lighting is good, keep camera
> still, look into camera).
> *YOU DON”T NEED TO LOOK SERIOUS - YOU CAN SMILE, and you can be a little
> creative, sit down, head in hand, etc.
> If you want to be in, but not in, turn your back to the camera, make a
> video portrait of your chair, your desk, your window...
> *
> For online purposes final size will probably be 640x so phone camera should
> be fine. I can convert most formats.
>
> Email to me at this address or, if file is more than 10mb, use yousendit
> https://www.yousendit.com/ or similar.
>
> I’ll love to have you in the neighbourhood!
> (billions of alternatives for visualising the neighbourhood does exist so
> if you have something to say, tell me)
>
> Best
> Marianne

30-04 * *21h30 9.30 PM Paris time* Theme Song Revisited*  (After Acconci)
webperformance 5 min Plus / more info
http://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/after-acconci/

07 05 2011 Une caresse intercontinentale / An intercontinental caress
Fabrice Métais (New York) Annie Abrahams (Paris)
http://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/une-caresse-intercontinentale/
<http://vimeo.com/22335939>