[NetBehaviour] Visualising the netbehaviour neighbours - and the neighbourhood

list|marianne list at criticalm.org
Thu Apr 28 18:45:06 CEST 2011

Hi Annie,
Fair enough.
I¹m an artist (etc) - the etc is something I considered adding to my ³title²
the other day as I was trying to explain what it is I do ­ across media,
practices, teaching, participatory projects, museums workshops ­ all somehow
part of me being an artist, or done in a particular way because I am an
artist, or to make money. Sometimes I get confused, I¹m often spread too
thinly.

I used to work with net-art, but now mostly drawing, animation, video.
However, networks, netart/new media, technology (used for good and bad)
continues to interests me, so, I¹m here ­ mostly lurking, on the
netbehaviour list (as well as empyre) trying to keep up, stay informed, as
much as I can.

At the moment I¹m publishing a book on Repetition while also doing an online
residency with rules and regs http://www.rulesandregs.org/digital11.html
(spread thinly indeed, but not complaining). The latter has imposed rules on
me, which is interesting and difficult, forcing me to reconsider my practice
(I guess this is why residencies are good, and why mixing with those that
don¹t do exactly as you, is good as well!). So to follow the rules, ³love
thy neighbour² is one, I am trying to find out who my neighbours are. The
way I know how to do this, is to look ­ and listen. Hence the request for
video portraits ­ it may be a big ask? What do you think?

 (For someone who feels most comfortable being anonymous, I sure said a lot!
)

All best
marianne