[NetBehaviour] Visualising the netbehaviour neighbours - and the neighbourhood

list|marianne list at criticalm.org
Sat Apr 30 17:06:26 CEST 2011

Hi Annie,
I appreciate your honesty very much, and think you¹ve hit the nail ... The
wish to see Œthe neighbours¹ came from realising how I am not genuinely part
of many of the online networks I am part of. Those where I feel I¹m truly
in, are the ones where I know people, usually where I have met them in the
real world. The ones where I can put faces to names.

I have said a few words on this list before, but, yes, I¹m a stranger ­ I am
not really part of the neighbourhood at all!
I guess, in many ways and continuously (here, elsewhere, in the real world),
I¹m considering in what way I ought to, could or should be part of the
neighbourhood ­ or, the network of neighbours. And if I would like to, how
do I become part of the neighbourhood? Do I post a lot, do I have to meet
you in the real world, do I have to be introduced, do I need to prove myself
to you (if, then how)? Can I just show up and ask for sugar? Can the cake be
a way of saying hello?

I¹m on the outside looking in. Curious, too, to hear other¹s reaction to
this ­ it brings up a lot of questions.

Best