[NetBehaviour] Robots and Avatars - our colleagues and playmates of the future

Ghislaine Boddington ghislaine at bodydataspace.net
Thu Aug 4 14:08:36 CEST 2011

Robots and Avatars - our colleagues and playmates of the future

Call for Development Commissions and Call for Exhibits

Robots and Avatars will present two Development Commissions and
additionally a minimum of six existing works as an Exhibition in 2012.
Lead producer and concept developer is body>data>space and commissions
partner is National Theatre in London. The exhibition tours to partner
FACT, Liverpool (UK), and to co-organisers AltArt, Cluj-Napoca
(Romania) and KIBLA (Slovenia- as part of Maribor 2012, European
Capital of Culture).

Robots and Avatars is an intercultural, intergenerational and
interdisciplinary exploration of a near future world consisting of
collaborations between robots, avatars, virtual worlds, telepresence
and real time presence within creative places, work spaces, cultural
environments, interactive entertainment and play space.

Artists/designers/technologists and others from any background can
apply. We welcome applications from installations, performances,
performance / installations, telepresence, sound art, software,
kinetic art, architecture, AV based work, hung work, gaming, models,
robotics, virtual worlds etc - your vision will lead us!

Stage 1 Deadline: Wednesday 7th September 2011 (12 BST)

Find out more: http://www.robotsandavatars.net/events/call-for-proposals/

Ghislaine Boddington
Creative Director, body>data>space
http://www.bodydataspace.net
Research Associate Artist, ResCen Middlesex University
http://www.rescen.net/Ghislaine_Boddington/index.html